Dedication of this new Masonic Hall was held on October 13th 1891. The R.W. Provincial Grand Master viscount Dungarvan performed this dedication ceremony. After the ceremony W.Bro. Viscount Dungarvan proceeded to lay the foundation stone. In 1903 an additional piece of land adjoining the Lodge was purchased for £75. Towards which the Royal Arch contributed £10 and the portal Mark Lodge 5 Guineas.
In 1925 certain other improvements were carried out at a cost of £800. A further piece of land was later purchased for €£150.

In February 1893 a resolution was passed for the formation of a new Chapter of Royal Arch Mason to be attached to the Royal Somerset Lodge 973. The Dungarvan chapter thus came into being.

In September 1911 the Lodge was asked to support the formation of a new Lodge at Midsomer Norton. On April 11th 1912 the Daughter Lodge named the Connaught Lodge No 3573 was consecrated.

In the early days Brethren must have spent long hours in the Lodge room for example;

3rd September 1868 - three raisings and four passings.
1st October 1868 - four raisings and an Installation.
10th June 1890 - twin initiations, four passings and one raising

1oth November 1891 - The regular meeting was followed by the consecration of the New Lodge at North Parade; there were also five initiations.

Life seemed not to be always that hectic. At a regular meeting held on 5th.January 1871 only the Secretary and Tyler were present! Also in June, luly and August 1883 the regular meetings were not held "there being not sufficient Brethren to hold same."


The new banner replaces the original, which had been in use since 1994. The old banner is now on display in the robing room. It is very frail and is behind glass. Accounts show that this original banner cost 7.18s.0d. There appears to have been no official dedication or other ceremony. The new banner was completed in March 1991. It can be noticed that the design of the banner is closely similar to the coat of Arms of Frome Town. The difference is that the banner shows two stylized bobbins above the chevron, whereas the Frome badge shows two sallow - or willow - trees. The Frome Urban District council was granted by letters patent from the college of Arms their Coat of Arms on 14th August 1953.

The black background of the Frome shield is common to the arms of the worshipful company of Cloth makers, and also to the Leversedge family. From the former comes the chevron and teagle, the gold chevron from the Leversedge. The ermine also refers to the arms of Bishop Ken, who is buried in Frome.

The Cloth makers shield has, on occasion, been used to represent Frome on account of the cloth industry so long associated with the town. The Leversedge family held the Manor of Frome in Tudor times. Henry VII granted to Edmund Leversedge the right of holding fairs in the town. The Frome shield is coupled with two sallow trees for Selwood, alluding to the forest, which surrounded the town at one time.